After we informed you a few days ago aboutthe
class adjustments to the Warlock from the current alpha build of WoW: Shadowlands, the developers at Blizzard have been busy and have implemented some additional adjustments to the demonic class in the alpha.
We summarize the most important changes of the latest alpha update for you (via Wowhead)
In addition, you can find the complete Bluepost with all the latest changes below.
Table of Contents
- 1Witchmasterin Shadowlands: Current alpha changes for afflictions
- 2Witch Masterin Shadowlands: Current alpha changes for Demonology
- 3Witch Masterin Shadowlands: Current alpha changes for Destruction
- 4Blizzard'sBluepost: Warlock changes at a glance
in Shadowlands: Current Alpha Changes for Afflictions
Affliction Warlocks can expect the following adjustments according to the current alpha state:
- Unstable Affliction will once again be limited to one target because the developers felt that spreading the dots across multiple targets was too difficult.
- Visitation will additionally summon Shadow Surrounding.
Warlocks in Shadowlands: Current Alpha Changes for Demonology
The following changes have been made for Demonology Warlocks:
- Summon Demonic Tyrant now ranks at level 52 and generates five Soul Shards when used.
- SummonDread Stalker now ranks at level 54, has a reduced cast time, and Dread Stalkers can now charge at targets.
- Demonic Consume no longer sacrifices active Imps, but instead consumes 15 percent of their current health and empowers itself based on the amount of health consumed.
Warlocks in Shadowlands: Current Alpha Changes for Destruction
Destruction Warlocks get these tweaks:
- Grimoire of Superiority changes to Chaos Rain - each Soul Shard consumed has a 15% chance to summon an additional Hellbeast if a Hellbeast is already active.
- Blazing Fire causes Conflagration to increase all fire damage dealt by the Warlock by 30% for six seconds.
- Shadowburn is changed from a shard generator to a shard dispenser: It deals more damage for each Soul Shard and has a high critical hit chance against enemies with low health.
Blizzard's Bluepost: Warlock Changesat a Glance
Blizzard writes about the current Warlock adjustments in the official forums:
"For Warlock, we're focused on improving talent choices for Destruction and Demonology, as well as adding rewards for leveling up. In particular, we'd like there to be more viable builds for these specs to experiment with. This led to changes for the highly popular talents Demonic Consumption and Grimoire of Supremacy. Please continue posting your feedback on these changes in this thread. Thank you!
- Demonic Gateway no longer despawns when the caster dies. When the gateway is close to despawning, it begins dissolving out of view to warn the caster and allies that they may wish to replace it. Developers' notes: We've heard feedback that the routine of replacing your Demonic Gateway for each boss attempt can be tedious to the point of irritating. We've made a change that allows the gateway to persist through death and we'll be listening for feedback on this change.
- Unstable Affliction reverted to Limit 1. Spell coefficient reverted to its previous amount. Developers' notes: Even without picking talents like Siphon Life and Phantom Singularity, Affliction was unable to keep up with its dots being active on more than 3 targets. Unstable Affliction should now be used on your priority target, which causes Malefic Rapture to do increased damage to that target.
- Haunt now applies Shadow Embrace.
- Soulshatter grants Soul Shards equal to the number of targets hit, instead of Haste.
- Malignant Affliction is a new PvP talent. Unstable Affliction is no longer limited to 1 target, but deals 10% less damage. If your Unstable Affliction is dispelled, you instantly gain 15% haste for 10s. Developers' notes: With Unstable Affliction now at limit 1, we want to provide an avenue for a Warlock to be able to protect their dots on multiple targets, particularly in battlegrounds.
- Summon Infernal (Rank 2) is learned at level 52. Infernal Awakening deals 150% increased damage on impact.
- Havoc (Rank 2) is learned at level 54. Havoc duration is increased by 2 sec.
- Rain of Fire (Rank 2) is learned at level 56. Rain of Fire damage is increased by 30%.
Level 15 Row
- Soulfire is now a 4 second cast. Damage increased from 100% spell power to 300% spell power. 1 minute cooldown. Causes your next Incinerate to be instant cast and generates 1 Soul Shard. Developers' notes: This spell hadn't found a niche as an additional short cast time spell. It returns to a 4-second cast time, serving as a pre-pull opener spell to kick-start your damage.
Level 25 Row
- Shadowburn is now a 1 shard spender. Damage increased to 130% spell power (was 60%), with a 12-second cooldown. Has 50% increased critical strike chance on low health targets, and generates 1 Soul Shard if the target dies within 5 seconds. Developers' notes: Shadowburn as a generator was not exciting enough. Shadowburn now provides an alternative way to spend shards, especially while on the move, and also adds burst damage in an execute window, similar to its historic design.
- Internal Combustion consumes up to 7 seconds of your Immolate (was 5 seconds).
Level 35 Row
- Cataclysm damage decreased to 180% spell power (was 200% spell power).
Level 45 Row
- Grimoire of Supremacy renamed Rain of Chaos. While your initial Infernal is active, every Soul Shard you spend has a 15% chance to summon an additional Infernal that lasts 10 seconds. Developers' notes: Grimoire of Supremacy was too integral to Destruction's damage output, even without Vision of Perfection. It also created unhealthy gameplay in PvP. We want this talent to remain powerful and exciting, so instead of ramping Chaos Bolt damage, Warlocks can try to maximize the amounts of Infernals spawned. The goal is to provide the same fun gameplay, without being too reliant on getting a very high modifier on your Chaos Bolt.
- Roaring Blaze redesigned, now causes the target to take 30% increased Fire damage from the Warlock for 6 seconds. Developers' notes: This does not affect Chaos Bolt - only pure Fire damage spells. We want to try opening up other talent builds that can work with your Fire spells.
Level 50 Row
- Channel Demonfire primary target damage increased by 10%.
- Summon Demonic Tyrant (Rank 2) is learned at level 52: Now generates 5 Soul Shards when cast.
- Call Dreadstalkers (Rank 2) is learned at level 54. Call Dreadstalkers cast time is reduced by 0.5s, and they gain a Pursuit spell to close the gap when their target is greater than 10 yards away.
- Wild Imps now spawn more immediately after Hand of Guldan, and 2-3 imps spawn in faster succession. In addition, if they path fail, they now teleport to the Warlock. Developers' notes: This should both improve quality of life and help prevent purposely getting your imp stuck somewhere to prevent them from casting.
- Wild Imps Rank 2 is learned at level 56. Imp energy cost on Fel Firebolt decreased by 20%. Developers' notes: As a result, they can cast one additional Fel Firebolt before despawning.
- Demonic Consumption no longer sacrifices imps. Now instead drains 15% health of all active demons, empowering itself based on HP consumed. Developers' notes: This is a fusion between modern Demonic Consumption and Thalkiel's Consumption from Legion. The goal is to give the Warlock more incentive to care about summoning other demons, and to allow for Implosion and Power Siphon to have their unique flavor be sacrificing imps.
- Power Siphon now also adds 30% damage to your next 2 casts Demonbolt.
- Nether Portal demons summoned attack power increased by 21%.
- Demonic Calling reduces shard cost of Call Dreadstalkers by 2.
- Inner Demons random demons summoned attack power increased by 21%."
All readers get free daily news, articles, guides, videos and podcasts on World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go and other favorite games from us. Up until now, we've funded this site through advertising and kept it as free of paid articles as possible, but since COVID-19, that's become increasingly difficult. Many companies are cutting or eliminating their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets that we are unfortunately dependent on if we want to continue to offer buffed free of charge in the future in the usual form.
That's why we're turning to you now. You can support us as buffed supporters so that we can continue to offer our content free of charge in the usual form without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, big or small, is valuable. Support buffed - it only takes a minute.Support now
We thank you in advance. Advertisement: Order World of Warcraft now on AmazonRead also these interesting stories 0
WoW TBC Classic: SSC and/or TK? Warcraftlogs poll on Phase 2 raidsOn Warcraftlogs, you can currently have your say on exactly how the World First race in TBC Classic Phase 2 should be rated. 1
WoW: No content drought after all? Hints of patch 9.1.5 discoveredIs WoW facing a content drought in the coming months? The discovery of some dataminers gives hope for patch 9.1.5. 1
Blizzard loses game director and lead designer for Diablo 4The Diablo 4 team loses its game director and lead designer in one fell swoop. 05:55
WoW Shadowlands: First look at Torghast - Video World of Warcraft from €14.99 From Sara Petzold
Is something missing from the article? to the home page The links marked with * are affiliate links. Affiliate links are not ads, as we are independent in our research and selection of featured products. For product sales we receive a small commission, which we use to partially finance the free content of the website. 0