Update from December 11:
The developers at Blizzard have published the German patch notes for the WoW hotfixes from December 10. We have updated the message accordingly.
Original message from December 10:
Once again, the developers of Blizzard have played a series of hotfixes on the live servers of World of Warcraft (buy now 14,99 € ). In addition to various bug fixes, balancing adjustments for the bosses in Castle Nathria were mainly on the agenda. Thus, Hunter Altimor, Rescue of the Sun King, Constructor Xy'mox as well as Starving Destroyer were noticeably weakened.
Below you can read the official English patch notes. As soon as Blizzard has published the German patch notes, we will update this message. Hotfixes are updates that are applied server-side without the need to download new data. Some of the changes listed below will take effect as soon as Blizzard implements them, whereas others will only take effect after an announced realm restart. Please note that some issues cannot be fixed without a client-side patch.
WoW: Hotfixes from December 10 - Patch Notes
- Fixed a bug where Barrel Fire Bomb was doing more damage than intended to falling targets.
- Fixed a bug where instances of Enveloping Mist caused by the legendary effect Tear of the Morning were incorrectly casting Mist Surge.
- Fixed a bug where the passive ability "Relay" was not being cast on the character as intended when the specialization was changed while the Night Fae ability "Soulform" was active.
- Fixed a bug where the legendary effect "Doom Blade" did not work on rated battlegrounds and in arenas.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Covenant Kyrians to hover above the Emblem of Ascension after completing Chapter 3 of their campaign, and displayed less advanced players as hovering to them. Thanks to a new invention by Supreme Blacksmith Mikanikos, this no longer happens.
- The Energy Core and Forge Flame from the Eternal Forge in the Bastion can no longer be used outside of the area.
- Fixed a bug that made Covenant members of the Kyrians look like they were hovering over the Emblem of Ascension after completing Chapter 3 of their campaign.
- Fixed other bugs that occurred when Covenant members of the Kyrians used a flight route with the 'Liberation' effect.
Creatures and NPCs
- Fixed a bug that caused players in the back seats of carriages in Revendreth to float upside down in the air.
- Valfir the Relentless will take a short break and only appear when Anima is sent to Tirna Scithe.
Dungeons & Raids
- Castle Nathria
- Hunter Altimor
- Fixed a bug where Sin Seeker's regular damage increased too much on all difficulty levels as raid size increased.
- Increased the casting time of Sin Seeker to 5.5 seconds (previously 4 seconds) on all difficulties.
- Devour Soul buff reduced to 100% on Normal and 150% on Heroic difficulty (previously 200%).
- Devour Soul duration has been reduced to 30 seconds on Normal and Heroic difficulty (previously 60 seconds).
- Starving Destroyer
- The Starving Destroyer now targets up to one less player on Normal or Heroic difficulty with Gluttonous Miasma.
- The cast time of Starving Destroyer's Unstable Expel has been increased to 4.5 sec on Normal difficulty (previously 4 sec).
- Lady Inerva Darkblade
- Tamed Specters now use Condemn against tanks less frequently.
- Rescue of the Sun King
- Soul Sock healing has been greatly increased on all difficulty levels.
- Enemies in this encounter now become Berserkers after 14 minutes on Normal and Heroic difficulty.
- Shattering Blast damage from Stonebound Vanquishers has been reduced by 15% on Normal and Heroic difficulty.
- Oilwing Assassins' Blood Red Blast initial and regular damage has been reduced by 15% on Normal and Heroic difficulty.
- The Glute Explosion of the Scheme of Kael'thas has been reduced by 20% on Normal and Heroic difficulty.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the Scheme of Kael'thas not to disappear when defeated.
- Constructor Xy'mox
- The regular damage of Glyph of Destruction has been reduced by 50% on Normal difficulty.
- The casting time of Crack Strike has been increased to 3.75 seconds on Normal difficulty (previously 3 seconds).
- Crack Strike damage has been reduced by 18% on Normal difficulty.
- Fugitive Ghost now summons 2 ghosts in a 10-person raid. The number of ghosts increases with raid size up to 6 ghosts on all difficulty levels.
- The number of players specializing in healing that can be targeted by fleeing spirits has been limited on all difficulty levels.
- The cast time of Seeds of Extinction has been increased by 2 sec on Normal difficulty.
- Silt Fist
- Fixed a bug where Hateful Gaze would sometimes not cast immediately after Silt Fist reached 100 rage.
- Hunter Altimor
- The Halls of Atonement
- High Adjudicator Aleez
- Fixed a bug where High Adjudicator Aleez's mirror teleports could be used before she was defeated.
- High Adjudicator Aleez
- The Necrotic Aisle
- A Winged Champion now appears to teleport players to the patchwork after completing the dungeon on Mythic Keystone difficulty.
- Plague Fall
- Slime Tentacles will now stop casting Evil Ejection while exiled, as intended.
- Using Banish will now free you from the Smothering Embrace of the Slime Tentacles in Plaguefall.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Margravine Stradama's Plague Blast to hit players in non-designated locations.
Items and Rewards
- Fixed a bug where the Anima of Extinguished Souls from Castle Nathria was granting players excessive progress for Anima collection quests.
- The Bracers - Eternal Intelligence enchantment now displays in the designated Auction House slot filter.
- The Heart of Azeroth now no longer grants bonus threat to tanks in Shadowlands areas.
- Gluttonous Spike will now no longer drop for Holy Paladins.
- Zo'sorg and his business partners now offer a quest for rated PvP.
- Threads of Destiny
- In Threads of Fate mode, players will now see the Maw as it looks after completing the storyline in Revendreth.
- Fixed a bug where the chamber incense burner for the quest "After You" sometimes did not appear.
Torghast, the Tower of the Damned
- Empowered Coldheart creatures now no longer cast Equipment of the Fallen or Sinister Fortress.
- Empowered Kaltherz Agents now cast Shadow Spear less frequently.
- Windrunner Monks' Night Fae spell Faenachquake now does its intended damage.
- The Night Fae spell Faenachquake now deals damage every 2 sec for 10 sec (previously 2 sec).
- All dungeon and raid entrances from Shadowlands are now displayed on the map, even if they have not yet been discovered.
- Players who disconnect from the game during Bastion's "Flight School: Frenetic Flutter" world quest will now be reset to the beginning of the quest the next time they log in.
All readers get free daily news, articles, guides, videos, and podcasts on World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go, and other favorite games from us. Up until now, we've funded this site through advertising and kept it as free of paid articles as possible, but since COVID-19, that's become increasingly difficult. Many companies are cutting or eliminating their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets that we unfortunately have to rely on if we want to continue offering buffed free of charge in the future in the form we're used to.
That's why we're turning to you now. You can support us as buffed supporters so that we can continue to offer our content free of charge in the usual form without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, big or small, is valuable. Support buffed - it only takes a minute.Support now
We thank you in advance. Also read these interesting stories 0
WoW TBC Classic: SSC and/or TK? Warcraftlogs poll about phase 2 raidsOn Warcraftlogs you can currently have your say on how exactly the World First race will be rated in TBC Classic Phase 2. 3
WoW: No content drought after all? Hints for patch 9.1.5 discoveredIs WoW facing a content drought in the coming months? The finding of some dataminers gives hope for patch 9.1.5. 2
Blizzard loses game director and lead designer for Diablo 4The Diablo 4 team loses its game director and lead designer in one fell swoop. 02:27WoW
: Shadowlands season 1 survival guide (trailer). World of Warcraft from €14.99 From Karsten Scholz
Karsten has been writing about his favorite hobby since 2009 - it all started back then as a rogue class spokesman at buffed. Is something missing in the article? to the home page The links marked with * are affiliate links. Affiliate links are not ads, as we are independent in our research and selection of featured products. For product sales we receive a small commission, which we use to partially finance the free content of the website. 3